Korean Tteokbokki (Hot and Spicy Rice Cake). Dried anchovies, dried kelp, eggs, fish cakes, green onion, hot pepper flakes, hot pepper paste, rice cake, sugar, water. Make the best Korean spicy rice cake at home with this easy recipe! Literally translated as "stir-fried rice cake", tteokbokki is made with garaetteok, a cylinder-shaped white rice cake.
Among other things, today's recipe is made with Korean rice cakes, Korean fish cakes, Korean soup stock / dashi stock and gochujang (Korean. Tteokbokki or ddeokbokki is a popular snack in Korea. This video has been remade in HD. You can have Korean Tteokbokki (Hot and Spicy Rice Cake) using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Korean Tteokbokki (Hot and Spicy Rice Cake)
- Prepare 120 gr of rice flour.
- You need 1 tbsp of tapioca flour.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of corn stratch flour solution.
- It’s 50 ml of boiled water (approxinately).
- Prepare 2 of cayenne pepper (chopped).
- Prepare 1 tsp of garlic (chopped).
- You need 1 of spring onion (chopped).
- You need 4 tbsp of tomato sauce.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of buillon powder.
- It’s of Sesame (i don't use it).
- Prepare of Water.
- It’s 1 tbsp of frying oil.
Tteokbokki, also spelled dukbokki, topokki, or ddeokbokki, are Korean hot and spicy rice cakes. Korean tteokbokki (sometimes romanised as dukbokki) is a spicy dish of chewy rice cakes in a thick chilli sauce made with a base of seaweed and/or fish stock known We knew the minute we found the tteokbokki hot spot. A spicy aroma filled the air as vendor after vendor worked at massive hot plates. Tteok-bokki (떡볶이; also spelled ddukbokki) or stir-fried rice cakes is a popular Korean food made from small-sized garae-tteok (long, white, cylinder-shaped rice cakes) called tteokmyeon (떡면; "rice cake noodles") or commonly tteok-bokki-tteok (떡볶이 떡; "tteok-bokki rice cakes").
Korean Tteokbokki (Hot and Spicy Rice Cake) step by step
- Mix rice flour and tapioca flour then add boiled water little by little 😁 then make a dough and make a long cylinder shape then cut the shape into small cylinder about 2 cm long, each).
- Boil the water then add salt and small cylinder dough (step 1)..
- Add vegetable oil in a pan then fry it until fragnant. Then add cayenne pepper, salt, buillon powder, a glass of water (120 ml) and boiled tteokbokki. After that add tomato sauce and spring onion then add corn starch flour solution then stir..
- Keep stirring until the rice cake turns soft and the sauce thickens and looks shiny, which should take about 10 -15 minutes..
- Serve it hot with sesame as topping. But i dont have sesame today hiks.
In this version, we sear the chewy rice cakes until the outsides are crisp before tossing them in the spicy-sweet gochujang sauce. It's impossible to resist the flavor-texture combo of this supremely satisfying Korean snack food—a riffable dish found as often in street food stalls as in home kitchens. Tteokbokki – Spicy Rice Cake Recipe. Ingredients are adjustable and listed below in my Recipe Card -. The quality of the tteok/dduk varies quite a bit.